We all have our own passion. Some know for sure what their passion is; some are still trying to find out what it is. But each of us has something that sparks us from deep within.
Right now, is there a topic you’re truly passionate about that you think should be shared with others?
Have you ever dreamed of positively impacting the lives of others through coaching, courses, workshops, or webinars? However, you feel like you’re not equipped for it, so you remain stuck at just, well, dreaming.
This passion keeps brewing and always keeps you up at night, especially knowing that a lot of people would benefit from it. It’s just waiting to be unleashed out into the world, but you just don’t know how, when and where to start – or if you should even start it.
When it comes to their passion, we can say there are two groups of people: one knows with 100% certainty what it is, and the other is still wondering what it could be.
If you belong to the latter, there may be things that you’re constantly wrestling with:
- You’re not sure about your passion, so you keep asking yourself if it’s “the one.” Is it really the one? Last year you were pretty sure it was the one, but this year you realised it wasn’t it and there’s really this other one.
- You’re still undecided because you don’t have just one passion – you have too many passions so you can’t choose which one is the right one.
- You’re consumed with doubt because you’re not confident enough about your abilities and skills and you’re not sure if you’re going to get paid for what you’re worth.
Getting started with something is always challenging. Whether it’s about physical fitness, a new job, a family, a relationship — there’s always that fear of the unknown that makes that first step a little harder to take. You have so many what-ifs in your mind.
And getting started with your passion is no exception. Finding answers to the plethora of questions in your mind can be daunting. Do I make that leap of faith? What’s waiting for me on this journey? Do I have what it takes to change the lives of others through my passion? When is the right time? Can I make a business out of that passion and get reasonably paid for it?
You’re never going to get the answers to those questions unless you get it started soon. So don’t wait for the right time to come. The late American writer Joseph Campbell put it this way: “We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.” Certainly, that fear of what happens next can conjure up feelings of anxiety, doubt, panic, and even mental distress.
After working with thousands of people from more than 21 countries around the world, I’ve come to this conclusion: starting a successful business that’s fuelled by passion and grows your income and your impact is never the result of creating a vision board and some finger-crossing, hoping that it works.
You need to have the right steps.
What are those steps? I’m glad you asked. In order for you to be successful in doing what you love, there are 3 things you need:
1. The Right Package
2. The Right Conversation
3. The Right Presentation
The Right Package
Success in any business is achieved when one has the right package. You need to be able to identify who your ideal client is. But, of course, it doesn’t stop there. You must also show your ideal client the path that starts with their current problem and finishes with their future goal.
It’s also important that you do not charge an hourly rate for your services. Here are five reasons why:
- You would be limiting your client’s success. If you charge an hourly rate, then your clients would only want to work the minimum possible number of hours. You would also limit your income in the process.
- You would not get paid what you’re worth. If you’re great at what you do, your hourly rate would only focus on the quantity of the work you do and not the quality.
- You’re trading your time for money. There’s only a limited number of hours in a day, which would make you hit a ceiling on your income.
- Aside from lowering your financial rewards, it would also lower your fulfilment. You would have to charge for every single thing that you would do for a client. You’d have to justify your hours to your clients. Instead of just doing great work, you’d have to constantly explain what you did and when you did it.
- Hourly rates can scare off your clients. Just like with Uber, you will charge an agreed-upon fee for the result that’s going to be delivered. It would also give your client predictability of the cost.
Create a package that implements the path towards their goal.
The Right Conversation
It’s not enough that you have the right package. For people to get interested in that package, you must also learn how to get their attention, hold it and inspire them to buy. And that all comes from having the right conversation (strategy calls, discovery sessions, etc.).
The Right Presentation
Think about this: You’re just 1 presentation away from growing your business and sharing your message with the world.
You have the option of growing your business from 1-on-1 sessions and then being able to scale it and eventually do 1-to-many programs. because you have the right presentation. This ability to utilise and deliver the right presentation opens up workshops, group coaching, online courses, or retreats as a delivery method for your services. This makes it possible for you to attract clients in groups.
But you might ask, “How can Ben be so confident that these 3 steps will work for me too?”
My name’s Benjamin J Harvey and I’m an ICF-certified coach and the Co-Founder of Australia’s only 2-time AFR Award-Winning Company, Authentic Education, which I co-founded with Cham Tang in 2009.
Since that time, we have refined our secret sauce/formula with countless business owners, which include myself.
We’ve also had the privilege of working with people like Dr John Demartini and John Assaraf from the movie “The Secret.” We’ve also been featured in numerous publications and TV shows.
Needless to say, we know how to help you transform lives and actually get paid doing it.
I’m sure you have many other questions, so I’m inviting you to attend my free online course, Prosper From Your Passion Sharing Your Knowledge Online, to get a step-by-step breakdown of how to do what you love and get paid for it.
This course will have no fluff or boring filler content—just practical steps to create a business. Discover your true passion and learn how to package it into an offer, replacing self-doubt with self-confidence.
Read more about: Business