So, you’re done with your life coach training and you would now like to start a coaching business. But the thing that’s stopping you is you don’t know how to find your niche as a life coach. Well, we hope that this can help. Here’s how to find your coaching niche as well as some consistently profitable coaching niches for you to consider.
How To Find Your Niche As A Life Coach
So what is a coaching niche anyway? A coaching niche is a combination of who you want to coach (your ideal clients) and what you coach on (the results that you would like to help people to accomplish).
Deciding on just one of the many life coaching niches is an important start to building a successful coaching business. Choosing a niche will help you to focus and allows you to get going on a specific path. Would you rather be average at all types of coaching? Or do you want to get serious about a particular niche and be OUTSTANDING?
When deciding on a coaching niche, remember that it’s all about the people that you want to help and what they want from your coaching services.
To learn how to find your niche as a life coach, ask yourself, who would you like to be a hero to? Do you want to be a hero to people who are trying to lose weight? Would you like to be the hero that can save relationships? Or would you like to be the coach who can help people achieve financial freedom? And so on.
The next question to ask is if you can give everyone you help just one outcome that would have them not only live more fully but also die more peacefully, what would it be?
Answering these questions will help you to find your niche out of the many life coaching niches.
How To Narrow Your Niche
Once you’ve found your coaching niche, the next thing you need to do is to create a customer avatar. A customer avatar is your ideal client. It’s who your coaching services are for.
Knowing how to find your niche as a life coach as well as having a customer avatar are important because you can’t be all things to all people.
Having them will allow you to become an expert and develop a reputation for a specific audience, which will win over raving fans, you’ll have more eager referrals, as well as being able to become more targeted in your marketing efforts.
Your customer avatar could either be a younger version of yourself or it could be your best client that you’ve had in the past.
You could then use your avatar to make business decisions since your life coaching services exist to help them.
Coaching Niche Market Examples That Are Profitable
Here are some proven profitable coaching niches that can also help you to choose a coaching niche. As you browse the list, think about the areas of your life where you’ve also accomplished effective results yourself.
1. Health And Fitness
- Achievement in a particular sport – People that want to become the best at a particular sport become really motivated to get help from a professional. It’s coaching in the most traditional sense of the word. So if you’re a pro in a specific sport, consider becoming a sporting coach.
- Weight loss – Weight loss is one of the most profitable life coaching niches in the industry. Fortunately or unfortunately, our society values appearances quite highly. If you can help people to overcome their weight and confidence issues, you’ll be able to earn a lot of money in this niche.
- Strength/muscle gain – There are also a lot of people looking to gain weight to build muscle. Just remember that similar to weight loss, your potential clients are going to be focusing on how you physically look, and they will want really specific plans to have the same thing.
2. Relationships And Dating
- Parenting – Regardless if it’s coping with certain disabilities, confidence problems, bad behaviour or school, lots of people are more than happy to spend money on a life coach if they truly believe that it will create a brighter future for their kids and will improve their marriage.
- Dating – There will always be single people on this planet and a lot of them need help to improve their dating lives. Should you be interested in this niche, it’s best to start with men (or women) first. This is because men may want different things than women, and each group will certainly need different messaging.
- Relationships/marriage – Similar to dating, there will always be people who want to improve their relationships or their marriages. The important thing to keep in mind when it comes to this niche is that the majority of people aren’t really going to hire a relationship coach unless they’re relationship is in trouble. Granted that you can find this group and help them, you’re going to be successful in this niche.
3. Business And Career
- Marketing – One of the biggest reasons businesses fail is because they don’t have an endless flow of clients. If you have proven marketing strategies for a particular type of business, this can be a very lucrative niche to get into.
- Finding your passion/purpose – Helping people to follow their passion or find their purpose is also a great niche to consider. In this niche, you’re trying to target people who want to get paid and prosper from their passion. So, see to it that you put some emphasis on how their purpose can turn into their career.
- Creating a successful business – These days, business coaching is a well-established niche. What can be challenging about this niche is that it can be a bit too broad if you don’t focus it on a specific target audience or get to be known for a unique approach. If you can manage that, you’re going to do well.
How To Find Your Niche As A Life Coach – In Conclusion
We hope you’re more clear on how to find your niche as a life coach and found some value on our examples of life coaching niches. If you would like to learn more effective strategies on how to become a highly paid life coach, then consider going to our 1-day FREE event across Australia and New Zealand called, “How To Become A Highly Successful Coach”. For all the details and to reserve your FREE SEAT for How To Become A Highly Successful Coach, click here.
Want to become a life coach? Ready to start your life coaching training? Enquire about our Accelerated Coaching Certification program here and become an International Coach Federation (ICF) certified coach in the best way possible!
Read more about: Coaching