Need a simple business plan template for your consulting business? Here’s a super simple one to get you started.
Every business owner dreams of expanding their business by achieving their business as well as their personal goals. And the easiest way to do that is with a business plan.
Even a basic business plan can help you make money by getting financing from banks and investors. It can also help you to prioritise, and you’ll have more control over what’s happening in your company.
So, here’s a free consulting business plan template to give you the best possible chance for success.
Super Simple Business Plan Template
This basic business plan template is perfect for people who either want to build a consulting company or is already managing one.
If you want to get that extra capital for your consulting company, just fill out this template and it will show the banks and investors exactly why they should give you that loan.
This simple business plan template will also help you to figure out the goals that you wish to accomplish AND the methods on how to achieve them.
Furthermore, this free template will allow you to step back and evaluate what’s currently working for your business and what you can make improvements to.
How To Write An Effective Consulting Business Plan
Before you write your master plan, here are some tips to consider on how to write an effective one so you’ll have a great plan to follow.
- You don’t have to get it right, you just have to get it started - Don't stress over grammar, the structure or how clean and flawless it should be. Just get the thoughts out of your head and onto paper.
- Do your due diligence - Understand the market you're going to be specialising in. Become familiar with all the details of your market.
- Identify your Unique Selling Point (USP) - Why should people hire you and not your competitors? What are you significantly better at than your competitors? Identify your USP then use that for your marketing.
- Show others your simple business plan template and get feedback – Share your plan with others, especially with other people that have already achieved the success that you want for yourself, and get their feedback.
- Keep it plain and simple – Avoid writing countless pages and stick with the important points. You don’t want to bore banks and investors, or yourself, and never look at your business plan again. Keeping it simple is what will help you to succeed.
What If My Goals And Priorities Change?
As the saying goes, change is the only constant in life so your goals and priorities will become different as your consulting business expands. Therefore, make it a monthly habit to update your business plan.
You may discover that a few of what you wrote originally are incorrect or misguided, and that’s just fine. No one can predict each and every step a consulting business will take. The key is to keep learning and applying useful things you’ve learned to make your business plan better.
Here’s the super simple business plan template.
Entrepreneurs & Business Owners – A crazy person who risks their own money for freedom, rather than exchanging their freedom for money.
We hope you like this post and your free business plan template. If you would like to learn how to start and grow your consulting business, sign up for our free webinar 5 Steps To Starting A Consulting Business Or Coaching Business here.
Read more about: Coaching