So you started your brand new Facebook page, you're all excited and pumped up. The only problem is it looks pretty bad because you haven't got many likes.
So you start Googling like 720 other people every month in Australia to "buy" Facebook Likes. And it seems like a really good idea but I'm going to share with you in this video why it's absolutely not and is going to hurt you especially in the long run.
Anyways, here's how it works, you can pay someone $100 and they can get you 10,000 likes. But a lot of those likes or all of those likes are with fake accounts kind of like Zack Muckerberg you see here.
And here are the problems you get when you buy Facebook page likes.
#1: Your REAL fans don't see it.
When you have 1000 real fans on your Facebook page and you do a post it only reaches roughly 10% of your fans. If it's a really good post it might be 20 or 30%. But on average 10% reach you'll get which means out of those 1000 real fans 100 people will see it.
Now, if you've got 1000 real fans but another 10,000 fake fans like the Zack Muckerberg there, what will actually happen is Facebook will start showing those posts to a random set of those people. Facebook then realizes that there's not much interest (because all those Zack Muckerbergs probably live in Mexico or something and were never interested in what you had), nobody is liking, responding or commenting to your actual posts.
So Facebook thinks "this post isn't that good we're not going to clog up people's newsfeed because we've only got limited space in the newsfeed and this post seems to be bad". So instead of reaching 10% of people you're actually going to reach 2% of people. But what that means is instead of 100 real fans being reached, only 10 or 20 real fans will.
#2: You can't target your Facebook fans properly
When you start doing paid ads which is a great thing with Facebook; you can actually choose to target all the people that have liked your Facebook page. But you can't do that when you buy Facebook followers like the Zack Muckerbergs of the world.
This means an important audience is un-usable, and you're missing a big trick if you buy Facebook fans.
#3: It feels bad
So let's just address the elephant in the room... you know that little voice that sits on your shoulder and says "we shouldn't really be buying Facebook likes". You should listen to that voice because it's saying something. It's saying that you're out of integrity. It's sending the wrong message to you because you're saying to your brain that I need to cheat in order to succeed.
And more importantly as well it's sending the wrong message to your prospective client...
When you buy comments on Facebook they can see something's wrong. If I go to a Facebook page that has 10,000 likes (I know I'm used to seeing that there's going to be you know 20 or 30 likes and a handful of comments on every post) but when there's only like 3 or 4 likes on every post and you've got 10,000 people, I must think this person paid for it and what else are they going to be able to lie about once we start that relationship?
#4: It can get you banned
So either now or in the future Facebook is catching up with people that scheme and scam and in the future they will be able to detect that you've paid for those Facebook likes and they could slap a ban on you potentially.
And that's like that with everything, sometimes people think Google has changed its rules or Facebook changes its rules. All of those rules that it's changing is just to get to the "common sense test". Whatever a common sense human being would expect to see on a Facebook page, on a website, on a search engine, on a social media platform... that's the common-sense test. You don't have to worry about all these rules that change, that's only for people that are trying to cheat the system.
#5: You can't un-buy them
Once you actually go and purchase them you can't pay money to get rid of them and believe me you will want to once you see all the downsides associated with it.
So that's the reason why you should never pay for Facebook likes. But if you want to know what you actually should do with Facebook, you need Facebook ads because they have a "pay to play" system... otherwise you can only reach about 10% of your likes by organic or free posts. The other 90% and the other 2 billion other people in Facebook are accessible through Facebook ads.
Want a 500% return on your marketing? Check out this FREE 1 Day Event I'm Running Soon...
Learn what's working right now in Facebook ads, email marketing, social media and much more.
If you want to attract more clients to your message, service or product then you must check out this free event happening across Australia soon.
Don't waste another dollar on marketing or another minute trying to figure it out yourself until you learn more...
Read more about: Marketing