Many people I speak to hate marketing. And I get it. It’s a headache, it’s confusing, it’s time-consuming… but you don’t ‘hate’ marketing.
What you really hate is what you think about marketing.
So in this episode, we’re going to turn your hate of marketing into a love of marketing, and therefore, your results will really skyrocket.
Change Your Marketing Mindset (0:24 – 1:38)
- How the success of your business and what you feel about marketing are related.
- It’s all about cause and effect. E.g. If you love marketing, you’ll get better at it and have more clients.
- The problem is most people hate marketing, and their marketing mindset is one of loathing instead of love.
My Marketing Mantra (1:39 – 10:31)
- Change the way you feel about marketing with my Marketing Mantra.
- You can actually remember it easily because it spells the word ‘MARKETING’.
- It stands for Motivate, Automate, Rise, Konnect, Express, Track, Impact or Income, Never and G
- How marketing allows you to inspire and motivate people.
- Marketing is one of the things in your business that you can truly set and forget.
- The aspects of your business that marketing will allow you to build.
Rise (To The Challenge)
- My mental game on how I rise to solve problems in my business.
- The process of talking to your ideal client and tuning in to what they’re feeling and trying to connect to that.
- Why marketing can give you an intrinsic level of satisfaction.
- We all need that feeling of expression whether it’s creatively with a piece of art or creatively with your marketing.
- Marketing allows you to express yourself through communication like Martin Luther King Jr’s speech, “I Have A Dream”.
- How marketing has allowed me to tap into my emotions more, which my wife really likes as well!
- Like a game or your favourite sports team or athlete, you can track the progress of your marketing.
- It’s fun to check to certain metrics, insights, results, etc.
Impact or Income
- Why impact and income are two sides of the same coin.
- The more improved your marketing becomes the more people you actually impact as well.
Never Stop Learning
- Never stop learning, never stop growing, and never stop improving things.
- What the most rewarding things in life are in my opinion.
- Marketing is changing regularly so the learning never stops.
- This means growing yourself and growing your business.
- As you grow your marketing skills, not only will you grow your business, but you will also grow as a person.
How To Use The Marketing Mindset Mantra (10:32 – 12:33)
- How to embody it even more.
- How visualising helps.
- You don’t have to make marketing mean all these nine things. It could be one or two powerful things.
You Also Have To Love Your Product Or Service (12:36 – 13:02)
- Sharing your knowledge online through education is key to business success in this pandemic.
- How to make a difference and a living doing what you love. Learn more here: www.authentic.com.au/prosper3
Why A Marketing Agency May Not Work (14:54 – 17:12)
- An example of one of our clients who did not get the results that they wanted regarding Facebook ads done through a digital marketing agency.
- How they make you stay to keep paying their monthly fees.
- It’s your business. You need to know how to run it, especially the marketing.
Mindset Quote Of The Month (17:38 – 20:54)
- “If you don’t love what you do, you won’t persist long enough to succeed.”
- Why this is important when it comes to persisting and succeeding in your business.
If you want the step-by-step method of a BRW Fast100 company for creating your content and monetizing your message through things like Zoom, online courses, webinars, coaching or consulting or live events, even if you doubt yourself or you’re not sure about your niche, get your free ticket to our live 1-day Zoom event, “Prosper From Your Passion”, by going to www.authentic.com.au/prosper3.
Read more about: Podcast